Your cartThere are no more items in your cart
Akari 10A Floor Lamp
- The Akari 10A floor lamp, designed in 1951 by the Japanese American artist and designer Isamu Noguchi. He chose the name "Akari" for these objects, a word which means "light" in Japanese, connoting both enlightenment and physical lightness. The inspiration for the design of his lights comes from a visit to the village. of Japanese fishermen from Gifu, where Noguchi watched the fishermen at work. They not only use trained cormorants for hunting, but also lanterns to attract fish.
- These lanterns had bamboo ribs covered with thin paper, he took the design of these traditional lanterns for the occasion to create light sculptures of wood and paper himself. For the 10A floor lamp, the designer uses mulberry paper, as it softens the light, makes it soft and distributes it evenly.
- Traditional Asian style, classic and characteristic, unique.The soft lighting is suitable for reading at night or while resting, and It is ideal to place them in the living room or on both sides of the bed.
- Please Note: Your payment does not include any customs duties, local taxes, or any other importation costs, if you have any questions about our products, please contact us and we will respond to you within 24 hours.
- Size: Dia 45cm x H 120cm / ∅ 17.7 ″ x H 47.2 ″
- Size: Dia 26cm x H 43cm / ∅ 10.2 ″ x H 16.9 ″
- Material: mulberry paper, metal, iron
- Light source: E27
- Power: 40W
- Weight: 4 kg / 8.8 lbs
- Finishes: white, black
- Process: polishing, lacquer,
- Control method: push button switch (not dimmable)
- We provide 150cm / 59 ″ wires with tap switches, which can be extended as needed.